Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hello

If you're reading this then you've probably mistyped a URL or otherwise lost your way in cyberspace. If you meant to arrive here at The Rusty Spinner, however, then you are most welcome. Thanks for coming. Care for a beer?

Before we begin (is the "we" here presumptuous given that no one yet knows this blog exists?), I've a couple of caveats. First, I'm technologically challenged. I'm one of those guys who never figured out how to set the time on his VCR. I've watched that sucker blink "12:00" for about eight years. Second, I type like I deal with heavy traffic. Poorly. I curse at my enormous fingers and tiny keyboard like they just cut me off a quarter mile before the exit. Third, I am the father of two-year old triplets. If you're wondering how I'm not drunk all the time, then stop wondering. I am drunk all the time. Finally, I am a dedicated fly-flinger. There is really nothing I would rather do than throw a long line to a large, rising trout.

What does all of this have to do with anything? Well, today is March 26th. The opening day of fishing season is April 1st. As such, I may not be writing all that frequently. Who knows though? I may just be writing everyday, if the river gods smile on me that is.

So again, thanks for coming. Let's see where this thing takes us.

- Mike

No comments: