Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Ides of March ... Plus Two

I have fished the Battenkill (Batten Kill for the linguists and historians amongst us) for over thirty years, and in that time she has remained an enigma. I've covered most every inch of the drainage - from the outlet of Dufresne Pond in Vermont to the river's confluence with the Hudson in New York - and she still confounds me. She's a fickle mistress, but every so often she gives up just enough ... just enough.


Fly of the day ... because I'm too lazy to change over from my steelhead gear
Somebody's been busy ...
Lots of these little guys out today
Very Busy ...
A little green in a sea of brown
This is what happens when Ben knows you're taking his picture ... now imagine he's your proctologist
This is what happens when Ben doesn't know you're taking his picture
That doesn't feel quite right
Wait a minute ... yes it does

No comments: